Adds additional info about nearby systems on the star map.
Gives information on unexplored star systems. There are four different types of symbols for beacons:
- : A possible ship encounter
- : Explored ship encounter with enemy ship still present. This occurs when you run away from a star system without destroying the enemy ship.
- (not in a nebula): Either a solar flare or asteroid belt event
- (in a nebula): Ion storm and sensor black out
These symbols can be combined.
- Example: Brown ring with a yellow yield sign in a nebula = Ion storm and sensor black out with a possible ship encounter.
Warning: Even with long range scanners, jumping to a beacon that does not have a yellow yield sign symbol can still produce a ship encounter.